Thursday, May 15, 2008

I'm a loner, Dottie....a rebel.

I'm sitting at my computer desk eating an apple-cinnamon parfait. It's delicious. When I bought it, I wasn't sure if it would even be good. Now, it's the only thing I want to snack on.

Today I am going to go shopping with my sister for a few hours. I need some professional-looking, business casual clothing for my new job. I haven't discussed attire with them, but from what I could see while I was there, business casual is the way to go. I also want a new outfit for my dad's party on Saturday. I might pick up some hair dye as well because I have A LOT of grays (21 years old and I have a lot of grays...how unlucky!).

Later this afternoon, I am going to meet with some former coworkers for lunch. I am so excited to hang out with them and tell them all about my new job and the big move I have coming up. Also excited to hear about latest drama from their current workplaces. There is a lot of drama.

I put in my two weeks at Shopko yesterday. Yes, I named the store. I have never done that before, but now that I basically no longer work there I will name it. My boss didn't seem too thrilled when I told him. I think everyone is worried because there are quite a few workers leaving for the summer/for good right now. Good workers. Good workers who actually show up. Now they are left with the people who don't care/don't show up. It sucks for them, but I can't feel too bad because I am moving on to do something that I enjoy and I'm going to make twice as much doing it.

Yesterday, when I talked to my new, future boss/manager person, he told me that right now they are working 8-5 Monday through Thursday and 8-12 on Fridays. HALF DAYS ON FRIDAYS!!? How perfect is this job. I understand that the hours are going to change once summer gets into full swing, but who cares!! Honestly, everything is falling into place rather well and I personally think this is meant to be.

Also, I want to add, that I have started watching the entire Sailor Moon series. It is the original series subtitled because I would like to see it in its entirety. When I was in high school, my friends Janice and Ashley loved the show. I watched some of it when I was younger, but decided I really wanted to watch it recently.

Anyway, my cup of parfait is done, and so should this entry be.

No comments: