Thursday, March 20, 2008

I'm a Building Jumper

My flu/cold/whatever it is that is making me so ill is going away very, very slowly. My nose constantly runs and I still have a sore throat and cough. I despise working when I feel like this, but that is probably because I have such a physically demanding job.

I applied for a really good job a couple of days ago. I don't know if my resume was good enough to get me a call back or if my portfolio will be up to par if I do get said-call-back, but the job was worth applying for regardless. I meet all requirements and I have actually done similar work to what they are asking at my internship. The company is a phone/cable/internet provider and they are (basically) looking for someone to help with design work and organize outside printing information. The job starts at 37,000 or more a year with immediate benefits including health, life, dental, and eye. Retirement funds, 401k, stock, yadda yadda yadda. I think it sounds like a fun adventure so I hope I get a call back.

My birthday happened and it was a fun day of relaxing with my family. Horton Hears a Who was excellent. I bought alcohol and was IDed. Mission accomplished.

This weekend is Easter weekend and I have Saturday and Sunday off again. Since it is the Saturday after I turned 21, I am going to try to find someone to celebrate with...even though it is the night before Easter and I don't plan on getting extremely drunk. I would love to go out for margaritas or something similar. Sunday I will be hanging out with family all day and eating lots of good food.

Then it is back to a full week of work, probably. Boo working in retail! I need a better job.

No comments: