Friday, April 4, 2008

The work for the happy finger method must go on.


The other night I watched the movie The 5,000 Fingers of Dr. T. I thought it was very interesting. I decided to watch it because we recently went to the movie Horton Hears a Who and it somewhat rekindled my fond feelings for Dr. Suess stories. This particular story was about a boy who was unhappy having to practice the piano. He fell asleep and dreamed about being stuck in a school-type situation where Dr T. (his real-life piano instructor) was in charge and about to start a program where he would be treating 150 children as slaves. He had a giant piano and wanted to force children to practice playing from the time they awoke to the time they went to sleep. Anyway, Bart (the main boy) befriends the sink plumber, they rescue his mom (who was in Dr. T's trance and about to marry him), and eventually destroy the giant piano.

The movie was very noticeably from the 1950s. I sort-of liked that aspect because I like old movies. I enjoyed the movie, even though it was very much a children's movie.

No comments: