Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Wednesday Woes.

Okay, so maybe saying that I have "woes" is exaggerating, but why can't today be Friday?!?! This week hasn't been dragging like the last few were (thankfully), but I just want it to be over. I have a giant pile of orders on my desk at work and I just can't seem to burn through them! I think I have been doing a lot each day this week, but I am getting new ones faster than I can get the old ones off of my desk. Plus, we are supposed to be moving into a new room soon. They are cramming all of the artists into one room and giving us smaller cubes (downgrade!). Actually, I am sort of looking forward to moving. A change of scenery will be nice. It will also be nice to talk to artists without worrying about bothering other employees in other departments. I'm also going to decorate my new cube. I never got around to doing anything with my current one; just papers and notes stuck to the wall for my viewing pleasure (that was sarcasm-they are not pleasurable to my eyes at all!). Like I mentioned a couple of posts ago, I spent quite a chunk of money on a junk website and got a few things to litter my new cube with. All of which are highly entertaining and geeky.

Lately I have been totally in tune with my inner geek. I love it! I just want to pile all of my geeky little obsessions in front of me and marvel at their awesomeness.

It's supposed to snow this weekend! Nooooo! I am over winter....I just want it to be spring! Even if it does snow, I'm going to try to drag Ian to the movie theater. I definitely am going to see Monsters Vs Aliens in 3D!! Also, I wouldn't mind hitting a matinee feature of Knowing, even though I'm pretty sure it's horrible! I just want to see! And if it is horrible, oh well, I can just complain about it.

Today I saw the trailer for Where the Wild Things Are!! It looks SO good! Ian informed me that the Arcade Fire song in the trailer is REALLY good when Bowie performs it....and it's true! I saw it on Youtube. Can't wait for October! While on apple trailers...I saw the "other" Half-Blood Prince trailer! (I had only seen one before today). Looks pretty good! I haven't read that book yet (I'm only a few chapters into Order of the Phoenix). I'm sure it will be chopped to pieces as was Goblet of Fire and I'm sure Order of the Phoenix will be. The first three movies didn't bother me too much because they didn't seem to change the story all that much. They were good movies overall. Goblet of Fire bothered me a little more than the others because of the cutting out and rearranging, but I didn't hate it. I'm expecting the same from the next few because really you can't turn such a long book into a 3 hour movie and have it make sense without jumbling a few things around. My big thing is the telling of the story and how well it comes across, and I think the Harry Potter movies do a decent job of that.

I'm also pretty excited for this weekend to see how my NCAA bracket fares! So far, I am not doing horrible. As long as UCONN wins it all I will be okay! :P I really know nothing about basketball, so my picks are based on things such as how well the schools colors go together or how cute the mascot is. I really don't thing stats matter anyways! It's mostly luck. 

Also, I am still having a tough time deciding on a vacation! I want to do/see so much! I'm trying to figure out how many of my vacation days I want to use for which trips! Ian and I are thinking of just doing a weekend getaway, and though I haven't decided on any package deals etc, I still would like to visit D.C. this year or next with my dad! I know there is a lot to do but I am unsure of how much time to devote to what? Someday after I take a few vacations like this I will probably get the hang of it, but gosh golly gee wiz I am still new to this and it is frustrating.

No comments: