Saturday, February 23, 2008

This Post About Politics Must Be Made

I was completely a Dennis Kucinich supporter, but sadly after he dropped out of the race I had no other candidate to turn to who I could fully support.

I will most likely be voting for Ralph Nader in the 2008 presidential election. It looks as though there is a good chance that he will be running. (He has started an exploritory committee and has said that if he thinks he can raise enough money, he will run..ALSO he will be appearing on Meet the Press tomorrow!). I will not vote for Hillary because, although she may be a better president than Dubya, I don't feel like she will get much accomplished. I like Obama a lot better than Hillary, but I'm afraid there is no comparison between Obama and Nader.

Many people do not like Nader because they feel he ruined the 2000 election. I believe that it was not Nader's fault. Ralph Nader is an exceptionally accomplished man. If not for him, we would not have seatbelts and airbags in every car, we would not have as accurate of labeling on food, we would have higher levels of lead in our environment; the list goes on and on. Take a minute to search for Ralph Nader's accomplishments, there are lists and lists of organizations he founded or sponsored and legislations he's helped pass. He has led countless rallies and spent the majority of his LIFE trying to make this country better for each and every person who lives here. He works for us. At the very least, we need SOMEONE who will turn on the heat. I am tired of hearing the same answers from Hillary and Barack. The reporters are constantly giving them softballs. You know, when Kucinich was in the debates, at least he answered questions and got the ball rolling on some REAL issues (even if the moderators only asked him a couple of questions per debate). I think about Nader's documentary and these words always stick out in my mind: "If you are choosing the lesser of the two evils...you are still choosing evil." I really just want to vote for someone who believes in the same ideals I believe in.

No comments: