Monday, November 3, 2008

Magick.

This past weekend was pretty eventful!


Friday was Halloween! Work was great that day! First of all, it was treat day. We also ate lunch at a sushi place! It was AMAZING. There were five of us and it really was a fun time. That afternoon, the power went out at about 3:30. We all left at 4:00 because it wouldn't come back on. It was a nice Halloween surprise. :) That evening, we got ready and headed to Portage to go trick-or-treating with Ian's nephews.


Kaeden was a little cow!


And Kail was Superman! We met up at Ian's aunt & uncle's house. We walked around for awhile as a group, and then Ian's sisters, brother-in-law, and baby nephew went back to the house. Kail and Ian were SPRINTING from house to house trying to get as much candy as possible in the last 45 minutes of trick-or-treating. If you scroll back up to the top picture in this post, you can see that I was not wearing appropriate shoes to be sprinting around town. Next year I will have to consider this. Ian wants to dress up as Hunter S. Thompson next year for Halloween and go trick-or-treating again. I don't know what I will dress up as. After trick-or-treating, we drove to Ian's mom's house and watched Sweeney Todd and ate pizza. It was definately a fun night.


On Saturday, we woke up and drove back to Portage to the animal shelter. We adopted the first kitten we saw because she was so darling and sweet. She crawled under my chin and started purring really loudly and I knew she was the one. We named her Magick because she's black and orange and mysterious. She spent most of her first day here hiding under things and behind the couch and under the bed. Slowly, she has begun the process of "opening up". Spirit was very mad at us when we brought Magick home. She's been reluctantly forgiving us, though. Today, they have been playing with each other (only when we are "not looking" of course) and the kitten is not hiding as much. She's running around the apartment and actually being a little naughty. I don't blame her though because she IS a kitten and seems to be adjusting to her body and claws (I am assuming she just recently had a growth spurt). She's only six months old and we are not really sure of her background. She apparently likes to eat houseplants, claw the furniture, and leap onto lamps causing them to crash to the ground. I don't want to discipline her too much because she is just getting settled in, but I am going to have to soon otherwise the apartment will be totally destroyed.


The two cats are like my children. I just want to sit at home and play with them every second. Too bad it's only Monday and I have a very busy week ahead of me. :(

No comments: