Saturday, March 31, 2012

High Five for Friday (Saturday...whoops)

Oops, I'm a day late-haha!

Once again, I'm linking up with http://www.frommygreydeskblog.com/ for another edition of High Five For Friday!

Here are five of my favorite things from this past week:

1. Last weekend we had a party for all of the March birthdays in Ian's family! It was a fun day: 4-wheeler, badminton, cookout, and wine! Oh, and did I mention presents and cake? Awesome.

2. Making decisions. (I don't ENJOY making big decisions, I just enjoy the feeling after having made them!) This week has been a roller coaster and it doesn't even seem like this happened just last weekend, but Ian and I decided not to move back to my hometown. It is too difficult right now. We are going to *try* to move to a town 40 minutes closer than we are now, so Ian can keep his job. I think it will be easier for me to find a job in this area as well since it is within commuting distance to Madison, WI. We spent Sunday afternoon driving around this prospective town and loved it.

3. We saw an amazing apartment on Monday. It was perfect for us--2 car garage, in-unit washer/dryer, allows cats, dishwasher, nice location, etc. When we saw it, we were under the impression that it was available May 1, which was good since we are supposed to be out of our apartment April 30. BUT, we received a phone call the next day saying they made a mistake and the one available May 1st had already been signed for. They did not have another one available until June 1. BUMMER. But, we loved it so much that we decided to apply anyway and either try to stay in our current apartment for another month (unlikely) or stay with family for the month of May. It will be tough, but worth it to live in such a nice apartment!

4. Movies!! I love watching movies with Ian. We went to Sundance Cinemas in Sunday and saw "Jeff, Who Lives At Home." Not exactly my cup of tea, but it was fun nonetheless. I also had a drink, I think it was called an "Izze" (it was, because the blog I am linking up with listed this as one of her favorite things of the week too ha!), that was kind of like a carbonated juice. I got pomegranate and it was a little too tart at first, but once I got used to it, I loved it. Better yet, Friday night we watched on of my favorite movies "Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas" right from the comforts of our own living room. Perfect!

5. Another Friday fun-day for me!! My mom came to visit me on Friday and we went shopping!! We went to the best quilt shop around here, the mall, Shopko for a huge sale, and Joanne Fabric just because. I had a lot of fun hanging with her for the day. Oh! And we had Noodles & Co. for lunch. My fave. Best kind of day!

No comments: