Sunday, April 3, 2011

Family Vacation in Galena, IL

All of my cousins on my Dad's side of the family except for 3.
I just got home today from a family gathering in Galena, IL. It was so much fun! I love getting together with grandparents, aunts, uncles, and cousins. My family has always been pretty tight-knit and I love it. During the day, we went our separate ways a bit and looked at some of the shops. In the evening/at night we were able to use the hotel's meeting room and spent our time visiting and looking through old family photo albums. I love looking at that stuff. I especially love when my grandparents are there to narrate the pictures. I really need to video record this one day. Anyways, I have a few of the pictures loaded on to my computer and will someday soon be making a post about some of these photographs. Now I need to get some photos from my mom's side of the family. Like I said, I am really fascinated by family history. My dad and I are going to put together a family tree chart. I am really excited about that.

2008 Chevy Impala
Something else happened this weekend: I got a new (used) car. I traded my old car to my dad for this one that he just got. It is really nice! I haven't driven it much yet, but will be venturing back to Madison on Tuesday. I have to hit the DMV as soon as I get home and get some plates. Also on Tuesday I will be voting and running a couple more errands. This week I am going to start inquiring about going back to school. I am going back for certain, but not sure if I am just going to try to get into the dislocated worker program or if I will actually try for a more long term certificate. There are pros and cons with both. I just want to talk to someone about it before I make my decision. Regardless, I will need to take a compass test and should get that done and over with in the next couple of weeks. I'm afraid of algebra and hope that it all comes back to me. :/

No comments: